Outlook Express E-mail Configuration Guide for IMAP
Table of Contents
Most email programs that support the POP/IMAP and SMTP email standards for sending and receiving email use the following five primary settings.
- Username - You must enter your complete email address. (Example: email@example.com)
- Password - This is the same password that you use to login to Web Mail.
- Incoming Mail Server
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Authentication
In order to send email, you must set your email software to use authentication when connecting to the outgoing mail server. If your email software asks you to enter a username and password, enter the same username and password that you entered in settings one and two above.
|Server Type||Server Name||Port|
|SMTP Authentication||(e-mail address/password) is required to send e-mail|
To configure your airmail.net account to work with Outlook Express, simply follow these steps outlined below.
The first step is to Launch Outlook Express. If this is the first time you have used Outlook Express, you will be brought to the Internet Connection Wizard.
If you have already set up Outlook Express but need to configure your account for airmail.net then you will need to add an additional account.
- Click on Tools in the Menu bar
- Select Accounts
- Select Mail
- Select Add Mail
- Enter Your Full Name and click on Next
- Enter your full e-mail address and click Next to continue.
- Choose IMAP as your incoming mail server from the drop down menu
- Enter your Incoming mail server as: imap.airmail.net
- Enter your Outgoing mail server as: smtp.airmail.net
- Click Next to continue
- Enter your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Account name field
- Enter your password (this is the password you chose when you setup your account)
- Check "Remember Password"
- Click Next to continue
- Click Finish
- Highlight imap.airmail.net under Account and click on Properties to continue to configure your account.
- Click on the General tab, confirm your Name & Email address information are correct
- Click on Servers tab
- Check My server requires authentication
- Confirm your server information is correct:
- Incoming mail: imap.airmail.net
- Outgoing mail: smtp.airmail.net
- Account name: Your full e-mail address
- Password: Your password
- Remember password is checked
- Make sure My server requires authentication is checked
- Click OK to save your configurations
- Click on Close
- Click Yes
- Click OK when the folders finishing downloading
- Click on your Inbox to begin downloading your e-mail messages.
Contact Tech Support should your require further assistance.